Goan-Style Vindaloo Curry Mix 120g
(Please note that each pack also contains cinnamon quills & dried chillies.)
- 60g Providore Vindaloo curry powder (1/2 pack with 4 chillies and 1 cinnamon quill)
- 5cm fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1kg diced beef, pork or lamb
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 large brown onions, sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 ripe tomatoes diced or 1 cup tinned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
In a heavy based pot heat 2 tbs of the oil and brown the meat then put aside. Heat the other 2 tbs oil ,add the onions and cook until soft ( approx. 10 minutes) then reduce the heat slightly.Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 3/4 minutes. Deglaze with the vinegar ,add the spice mix and meat and fry another two minutes. Add the water, sugar and tomatoes bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover lightly with a lid and simmer for approximately 1 hour or until the meat is tender. You may need to add another 1/3 cup water if you find it getting too dry. The sauce should be rich and thick after an hour. Add the 1/2 tsp salt or more if desired. Serve with steamed rice, natural yoghurt and Providore Brinjal pickle.
You may also be interested in:This product has no related products.